Saturday, October 9, 2010

More Card Creations

I do have some digital layouts to share with you in the next few days but in the meantime I have have finished a few more cards - all photographed ready for "show & tell"

While the Magnolia Stamps are a true favourite of mine...I've also experimented with images from The Greeting Farm and C.C.Designs - today's card was using "Sing" a cute Greeting Farm figure. I also dusted off my Hawaiian Flower Sizzlet dies - to embellish this card - they haven't been used for years!! - but were the perfect finishing touch for this card - the sentiment is from one of the very first Stampin' Up sets I purchased "Sincere Salutations" - so yes! all the "toys" in my collection always make there way back to the "playground" ;)





Tilda with Cat - love this stamp!!... reminds me of the way my daughters would walk around with our kitty when they were little....I decided to add some dimension to this card by stamping two images of the kitty's head and then cut one out and adhered it over the top of the other....cool effect. Copics used to colour in Miss Tila's clothing were B93, B95, B97, YG64, YG67 - they co-ordinated beautifully with the checked paper from BasicGrey's Olivia range.


...as soon as I saw this Chinese Tilda Stamp from Magnolia's Bon Voyage Collection 2010, I knew I had to add it to my ever growing "stash" of these stamps. I have a bit of a soft spot for Asian art in black and red tones and this is what I wanted to create with this card...I'm ok with the results but I'm not all together pleased with how the parasol turned out - looks like I need some more lessons in colouring in LOL!!

2 comments:

LORI said...

Chris, gorgeous as usual! I like the parasol, BTW. Your photo presentations are just as lovely and unique as you are!

Theres just life said...

Hi I stopped over from Lori's blog. I agree with her, I love your cards.
Congratulations on your award.