Friday, March 30, 2012

Love me some Canary Art

...I think I have fallen hugely in love with Krista Smith's Saturated Canary Images - I have been colouring up a storm these past few days and I'm still going LOL!

I completed this Easter project using the very cute Murray - love all the detail in her little stocking legs....the basket was fun to make too! I thought bigger was better when it came to filling it with chocolate... and before next weekend I plan to make few more.


Copics Used:

Skin: - E000, E51, E11 Cheeks RV10
Hair: - E21, E25, E29, E17
Shoes: - Y00, Y08, Y15
Clothing: - R81, R83, R85, B91, B93, B95, Y00, Y08, Y15, YG00, YG11, YG17
Chicken: - E50, Y00, Y17
Grass: - YG00, YG11, YG17, YG45

I did a little experimenting with the grass in this image. At my Intermediate Copic Certification, our instructor, Mandi demonstrated a few different ways to do backgrounds and give our images depth. The "dotting" technique really appealed to me, even though I usually like my card creations clean and simple.



I got a little more adventurous when creating the background to accompany this next card... I used a new image called Blanche....she is a sassy little movie star number. I chose 3 colours from my colouring and "dotted" the whole background....I rather like the outcome and thought it would be a great way to make patterned paper to co-ordinate with my creations - so that is next on my agenda....making my own decorative paper with Copics! and X-Press IT Blending Card (available at Mad for Markers).

Copics Used:

Skin: - E000, E01, E11, Cheeks -  RV42, Eyeshadow - B91, Lips - R24
Hair: - E21, E25, E29
Dress: - R22, R24, R27, W1, W3, W5
Eyes: - E31, E35
Background: - R24, B91, W3

...just a teeny tiny bit of "dotting" on this image, back to my clean and simple format for the heavily pregnant Mrs Ice-Cream and Pickles ....she was such a joy to colour and I kept my card very gender neutral in shades of both pink and blue....I have also entered this card in the Thinking of You Challenge #14 at the Saturated Canary Challenge Blog - I thought it fitted the theme beautifully.


Copics Used:

Skin: - E000, E51, E11, Cheeks/Lips- RV10, Eyes - B91, B93
Hair: - E21, E25, E29
Clothing: - R81, R83, R85, B91, B93, B95
Ice-Cream: - E71, E74, E77, Rv00, RV10, RV21, E50, E51, E53
Cone: -  E31, E35 and brown fine tip pen
Pickle: - YG91, YG95, YG97 - and a few little dots were placed on top ;-)
Cherry: - R22, R24, R27

Here is a little close up pic of both my cards - so you can see the colours a little easier... and don't forget, if you want to add any of the Copic colours, I have used in these projects to your collection, be sure to drop by the Mad for Markers online store.



I created all my own sentiments for these three projects and the font I used was called "Whackadoo" - what a cool name - I love it!

I am off to catchup with my "Scrappy Friends" this weekend - we will be trading our Feb & March ATC's, Copic Colouring, Shopping and generally just having a creatively good time!!

Hope your weekend is fun and full of creative adventure too.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow!!! your cards are so AMAZING!! Your coloring couldn't be more beautiful!!

thank you for joining in our SC Challenge!!

Have a beautiful day!!

xx

Rachel Parys said...

These are all so fantastic! I feel so bad, I haven't done a single Easter thing! The polka dots on Blanche's card look awesome, great idea! Great work!

Carolyn said...

Love your work! Love the Fabulous and Fifty card...made me smile. Blanche is gorgeous.

Loopylou. said...

omgosh they are all awesome!! I love them all!!!
Thank you for popping in and joining us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou x

Michele Roos said...

These are such gorgeous cards. The images and colours are fabulous. Hugs Michele x