Monday, December 17, 2012

Procrastination Time

Remember in my last post I mentioned I am yet to make my Christmas cards? Well nothing much has changed....I've found myself being distracted during the week by  all sorts of other crafty goodness - yes, I have been doing something from which I derive enjoyment, and thus putting off my priority tasks to later time - I have been "procrastinating" big time!! However, I did manage to finish my Christmas shopping, wrapped it all and now have it placed nicely under the Christmas Tree - that is certainly a first for me. One of my distractions this week was "pinterest" so I have plenty of inspiring ideas for those Christmas cards when I eventually make them LOL!! and I also got distracted creating a little something for Challenge #32 over at the Saturated Canary Challenge Blog - the theme is Chocolate and Marshmallows - I was wanting an excuse to colour up little Miss Latte a generous freebie from Krista during her 12 Days of Christmas posts and she was simply perfect for this treat box project.




Copics Used:
Skin: E11, E01, E00, E000 - Cheeks - RV42
Hair: E29, E27, E25, E21
Clothes: Y21, Y23, Y26, RV91, RV93, RV95

I did a little experimenting with my snowflake embellishments and I was pleased with the result. I punched out the shapes from some blending card - then I coloured them using my Copics ( RV91, RV93, RV95 ). Next I mixed a concoction of Polar White Flower Soft and Diamond Sprinkle Embossing Powder with some Glossy Accents and painted this over the top - it was very messy, but lots of fun.....and  making snowflakes in our hot Summer temperatures also felt a little surreal LOL!

Today happens to be my 95th blog post and it made me think about what I should do to honour my 100th post...seeing it is fast approaching....what do you think of some "blog candy"? I know my followers come from many different papercraft fields - scrapbooking, card making, smash booking, ATC creators, just to name a few, so I thought I would like to offer something suitable for all these mediums. I will put my thinking cap on and search ( and shop - I LOVE shopping ) for some suitable candy and in the meantime you might like to invite your friends to follow my blog while you, yourself, keep an eye out for that magic 100th post.

I think searching and shopping for blog candy is another form of procrastination LOL! - I really must lock myself in my "happy room" and make those elusive Christmas cards!

I will be back when they are done!

2 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is just gorgeous love it, thank you for joining my theme this time at Saturated Canary, big hugs love Pops x x x

Vicky said...

This is fabulous I love the design & of course the perfect image to go with it.

Thank you for joining us girls over at Saturated Canary, hope we will see you again soon hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx