Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Friendship and Happiness

 
Recently I was asked the question - What is it about paper craft playtime that you love so much! My answer was simply two words "Friendship" and "Happiness". According to the academics ..."play is often described as a time when we feel most alive, yet we often take it for granted and may completely forget about it. But play isn't a luxury—it's a necessity. Play is as important to our physical and mental health as getting enough sleep, eating well, and exercising. It supercharges learning, helps us relieve stress, and connects us to others and the world around us. Play can also make work more productive and pleasurable". and truly, that is exactly how I feel about the "time-out" I take to play with paper. It is my stress release, it's fun, pleasurable... and I have met and fostered life long friendships with so many others who also share a passion for this craft. It is what I love most about my Close To My Heart business the sharing, joy, laughter, and fun we have at our playtime gatherings and workshops. Along with meeting new people - these events promote bonding and certainly strengthen the sense of community. My closest friends are those that are in my "Crafty Chicks" team and we would love to welcome "new" friends into our little community....if you are feeling a bit lonely and need to nourish your heart with happiness then becoming a Close To My Heart Consultant may be just what you are looking for - click here to find out more....and if you check out the photos below, you can see the results of my latest playtime and moments of happiness.
 
I really enjoyed revisiting the world of Paper Dolls playing with this stamp set. It made me very nostalgic and took me back to my childhood where a lot of my creative play time was spent colouring in and making Paper Dolls....such fond memories!
 
I did colour my little doll in with a combination of Copic Markers and Close To My Heart Exclusive Ink Makers - I love how they complimented each other so well.

Copics Used:
Skin - E11, E01, E00, E000, R20, BV000
Jeans - B91, B93, B95,
Dress - R81, R83, R85

The other card I made was pieced together using the little scraps of cardstock left-over from my Paper Doll card. It was easy to make and I was so pleased with how it turned out. I also LOVE the sentiment on this card it speaks volumes and reinforces my feelings on friendship. I can see myself using the "You Are My Happy" stamp set trio on so many of my upcoming projects - if you would like a preview of what this stamp set offers check out this video and contact me if you would like to add one to your stamp collection.



If you would like to see what some of the "Crafty Chicks" in my team have been making in their playtime click on these blog links - JLou and ScrappyVee. These ladies have become very dear friends and their creativity inspires me every day...be sure to leave them some love when you visit their blogs.
 


3 comments:

LORI said...

Play. So glad your play brings encouragement to so many others to do the same. Good for the soul. :)

Unknown said...

Love these so want to make some of my own.

Unknown said...

Love these