Monday, June 16, 2014

Sweet and Simple

Some of my favourite card creations are often the most simple in design - limited colour choice, a single stamped image and minimal embellishment - quick, easy and just as sweet! I thought I would share a couple with you that have been a real hit at my card making classes.


Although Juniper Cardstock was my base colour  for this card, I decided to use Twilight Ink to stamp my image, being just a little more intense in tone it helped the sentiment to "pop". Twilight Ink is one of my favourite colours. However, it is currently on the Close To My Heart list of retiring ink colours. If it is one of your favourite colours too?? - you only have a couple of months left to stock up on the Cardstock and Re-inker. You can place an order, any time of day or night at my Online Shop. There are 5 different colours retiring from the Whimsy Colour Palette  - Blush, Buttercup, Twilight, Crème Brulee and Sky....and you may like to consider stocking up on Re-inkers if you have stamp pads in all or any of these colours. If you would like me to forward you a complete list of retiring products simply send me a message and I will pass it on...and come the 1st August Close To My Heart will have an amazing 250 "new" products to introduce to you - I'm very excited by that news!!


This card is also very simple in design but adding a few little feature components such as the Scallop Border, the Triangle Studs and creating striped banners with the Aussie Praises Stamp Set helps to give it that "finishing touch"....and the Clear Sparkles used in the centre of the coloured flower is the "icing on the cake"!

Card making is a whole lot of FUN! If you would like to commence a journey into this form of paper crafting? I am more than happy to provide you with pre-cut card kits (where you can produce cards such as these) or gather a group of friends together and I'll bring a card making class to you....contact me at lotfam@iinet.net.au for more information....I'd love to "show you how"!