Sunday, August 10, 2014

Colouring Fun

One of the most exciting new product lines added to the Close To My Heart crafting range is the ShinHan Touch Twin Markers. There is something very therapeutic about colouring in your stamped images - it is also a perfect way to spend a rainy winter day. Twenty-four carefully selected colours are featured in the range -  rich vibrant colours that match beautifully with Close To My Heart's colour palette...which of course takes the guess work out of colour co-ordinating your projects.


I like to colour in a small circular motion rather than taking the linear approach, it gives a much more even coverage of ink leaving you with a smooth professional finish. However, if you want to add a textured look to your coloured image try experimenting with the ShinHan Touch Twin Colourless Blender. A fun thing to do is to desaturate your colouring using a pointillism type technique which is basically "dotting" away colour. I used this technique to give my Koala image on this card a more "fluffy" appearance.

Colours Used:
Warm Grey #7, Warm Gray #4, Clay, Tender Pink, Cherry Pink


I enjoyed experimenting with lots of different tools and materials when piecing together this card. I created a decorative strip by combining the Chevron Border Punch with the Scallop Border Punch and highlighting the perforations with Silver Shimmer Trim. The large scallop circle was cut on my Cricut machine using one of the 700 shapes found on the Art Philosophy Cartridge. The spotted "bluegum" coloured border was cut from a page taken out of the My Crush - In The Pink Book and when I stamped on it with the leaf image from the A Budding Friendship D1602 stamp set it made perfect gum leaves. The lovely pink & white metal flowers come from the Brushed Assortment and I see a lot of these being added to my future orders - you can add them to yours too, by clicking here. Again, I reached for my trusty Marvy Uchida LePen to add some faux stitching. A touch of stitching takes away the harsh edges and gives definition to cardstock shapes.

If you would like to learn more about colouring with the ShinHan Touch Twin Markers, creating gorgeous projects with the wonderful Close To My Heart product range or becoming a Consultant.... contact me today at lotfam@iinet.net.au or visit my website - I'd love to "Show You How"!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

This koala card is just too cute!