Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Capture The Day

Today was one of those strange spring days where you get 4 seasons all at once. I woke to strong winds and dreary skies, by lunchtime the sky was blue and the sun was shining....then late in the afternoon we had thunder, lightning and lots of heavy rain...and through it all, I played happily in my "happy room"!!

It was so much fun getting inky, cutting, pasting and stamping...it has been a long time since I have had an uninterrupted day at home just playing with my crafting goodies... and I loved every minute of it! I also now, have a lovely collection of projects to share with you over the coming weeks - be sure to stay tuned!

In the meantime, I thought I would share a pretty little card that I hope brings some sunshine to your day.


The Butterfly image comes in the Capture the Day Stamp Set  and was stamped in Black Ink onto some background paper I created using a combination of 3 of Close To My Heart's new ink colours - Thistle, Pixie and Canary, some rock salt (yes, crafting goodies can be found in your pantry!) and a little water in my Spray Pen...it is such a cool effect. I will be teaching this technique along with a few other tips and tricks for creating background papers at my upcoming workshop events, locally and in Melbourne - contact me at lotfam@iinet.net.au for more information.

The sentiment was stamped onto some paper taken from the My Crush In the Pink Book as was the distressed pink piece of paper it was mounted onto. I know, I mention it time and time again, but the papers in the Close To My Heart product collection co-ordinate so well with one another...it truly is what endears me most to this paper craft range.

The Gold Shimmer Trim and Bling Gems added a little "sparkle & shine" to the card while the Scallop Border Punch and faux stitching with the Marvy Journalling Pen completed the overall design.

If you belong to my Card Kit Club this is the card that is making it's way to your letterbox this week - Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My mum is going to love this card kit!