Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Friend Feature #2

Today is also the 2nd instalment of my Friday Friend Feature...each and every Friday I will be featuring art work created by my Crafty Friends using Close To My Heart products. This art work will be created by consultants in my team, paper craft designer friends and others from my circle of scrapping and card making buddies - all have amazing talents and a love for all that is crafty...I know they will inspire you to use these wonderful products in ways you never would have imagined.

Today's crafty goodness comes from another consultant in my team who also happens to be my youngest daughter Larissa - she just loves making pretty handmade things!! Larissa is currently doing some volunteer work at a small rural Primary School and assisting and helping prepare items for their school fete. The date of this year's fete happens to fall on Halloween and this is the theme they will focus on. Larissa has been busy working with her students creating goodies to sell at their stalls and she has found Close To My Heart's Cut Above Treat Bag Kits perfect for this.


The Kits contain:
10 – 5" × 3½" × 13/8" Printed Treat Bags (5 each of 2 designs)
5 – 4" × 6" Sheets of ¾" Stickers
12 – 1½" White Daisy Circles
12 – 3-D Foam Squares
10 – 5" × 3¼" Cellophane Bags
and being pre-cut, ready to assemble make them ideal for the classroom and children alike. They can then be customised with ink, co-ordinating stamp sets and your choice of embellishments. The Treat Bags Larissa's class have made, feature an apt and very cute stamp set called Trick and Treat Sweets, it includes 9 images  - 6 are little characters such as this witch and cat. These treat bags were embellished with Black Shimmer Trim and White Enamel Stars.

The little pencil gift packs have also been a hit with the children. They have enjoyed playing with ink & stamps but also taking a sense of pride in their handiwork. These packs make great party favours too, simply combine with the Perfect Fit - Birthday stamp set to complete the theme. The Annual Inspirations Idea Book/Catalogue has another cute pencil topper idea on page 41 - don't forget this Idea Book is jammed packed with inspiring ideas...you can view it here or if you prefer a hard copy? I am happy to send one out to you -  email me at lotfam@iinet.net.au

 
Here is video from Close To My Heart that gives you a preview of some other great Cut Above Kits...


Remember that September is also National Stamping Month, and when you spend $30 on any current retail-priced stamps during the month of September, you qualify to receive the exclusive C-sized stamp set #30 Years of Happy for FREE! Larissa has used some of the images to create more pencil pack gifts which she will use as Student Rewards - tokens of encouragement and merit awards.... if you too are a school teacher then this a set for you!



I hope you have enjoyed today's Friend Feature, the Cut Above Kits and Larissa's handiwork - I'd love you to leave a message for Larissa in the comments section below and don't forget to check back in next Friday I have some lovely cards to share with you that were made by one of my Paper Craft Designer Friends.

Have a great weekend of Crafty Play!
 

5 comments:

Veronica said...

Great ideas - I can see myself borrowing them for my class in the near future ;)

Unknown said...

Larissa these are AMAZING!!! LOVE THEM!! And they are sooooo very cute!

Lauren said...

Those pencil packs are wonderful- what a great idea!

michellek said...

I love the pencil packs. Great ideas for goody bags for kids parties instead of the usual lollies etc

Unknown said...

These look fantastic! So bright and colourful! Perfect for a school fete. Beautifully presented. xxx