Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #95

Today I am celebrating my 200th blog post ( yah me!!! ) and sharing a Birthday card created for a special friend... based on this week's  sketch over on the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Blog...

This is the current sketch:

I chose to rotate the sketch and alter the position of the sentiment placement.
 
 I have a real addiction for making paper flowers and the "star" of this card is certainly the 3D flower. It was created from shapes found on the Art Philosophy Cricut Collection. The floral shapes were cut from Crystal Blue and Glacier cardstock. They  were then distressed and definition & folds were added using an Embossing Tool and curved Tweezers. A Grey Epoxy Bubble was placed in the centre of the flower creation which was then adhered to the card design using Foam Tape to give it a little extra height.
 
Don't forget to pop on over to the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and take a peek at all the inspiring ideas the Design Team as for you - play along with us and post your creations based on this sketch too... it is a lot of fun!
 

5 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

I love your card - happens to be among my favourite colours :) Great idea to rotate the sketch! That lower flower is one of my "go to" flowers - such a versatile flower. Great colour combo and terrific work overall.

Anonymous said...

your flower is beautiful...love the colors you chose!

Lisa said...

Very pretty... love your flowers and the way you distressed tehm..so so pretty...

Unknown said...

These flowers are divine!! xx

Linda Norman said...

I love the flowers and the distressing! Such a calming card!