Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Friend Feature #15

Today's post isn't actually a "Friend Feature" it is more a "Family Feature"!!... and while it doesn't showcase cards or scrapbook layouts it is still full of papercraft fun.

I subscribe to the theory that the "family who plays together - stays together" and over the past few weeks we have been doing lots of playing!... helping my youngest daughter prepare her class room and play based learning centre.

My daughter is a Primary School teacher, teaching Grade 1/2 (6-8yr olds). This year she has gone with a jungle theme for her classroom and the play based learning centre features a travel agency role play area, where the children will discover all things travel related - exploring other countries, building their own famous landmarks etc etc. As a family we have had a lot of fun assisting her create fun and colourful learning environments for her students.

Many of the objects we have made are a combination of recycled materials and Close To My Heart products.... my consultant discount has come in very handy! The jungle theme came together with twisted brown paper vines... along with 3D flowers and butterflies all cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut Collection and the fabulous array of CTMH Cardstock Colours.


Everything was adhered together with Bonding Memories Glue - an all-purpose glue stick with large foam applicator... it is perfect for safely bonding photographs, artwork, and so much more. It creates both permanent and temporary bonds and is acid free. Perfect for children to use too!

Another favourite Close To My Heart adhesive choice of mine is Liquid Glass - my husband used it when he made the cute little mail box and it was ideal for adhering the bottle tops and buttons to the cardboard cameras and for the straps on my paper suitcases. Close To My Heart is certainly a "one stop tool shop"...  everything we needed to create the classroom artefacts are included in the product range -  the Score Board, Deluxe Paper Trimmer, Corner RounderMini Stapler and Micro-Tip Scissors - just to name a few!


My 80 year old Dad has also put his crafty skills to practise and re-purposed my daughter's childhood timber bed to create the lemonade stand that has become a Travel Agency - we certainly are a family who plays together and loves crafty playtime!



If you have family or school teacher friends who love crafty playtime then becoming a Close To My Heart consultant may be just what they need. There is nothing quite like having all your crafting materials/tools at your fingertips and at a discounted price!! I would like to offer readers of my blog the chance to go in the draw to win a $75 bundle of crafty goodness simply by referring a friend to join my consultant team. To find out more about becoming a Close To My Heart consultant click here or email me at lotfam@iinet.net.au

Have a great weekend - I hope it is full of crafty playtime!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful array of paper crafting Chris. Thank you for sharing the photos and love the theme behind it all!

Unknown said...

The classroom looks amazing! Only with such wonderful family support could you have created such a masterpiece! I cant wait to see next term's theme as well!!! It certainly helps to have the discount and the ability to source all the materials through Close to my Heart. xxx