Friday, June 26, 2015

Stamp of the Month - Ice Cream Dream

Over the past few weeks I have been sharing art work created using this month's Stamp of the Month - Ice Cream Dream using a variety of techniques such as paper piecing and colouring with the wonderful ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Markers. Today's card also features colouring however, I have opted to use the Watercolour Pencils to add a different effect again. The colours I chose from the Watercolour packs were Bubblegum, Sunny Yellow and Autumn Terracotta.



After I coloured the images I used a Blending Pen (that had been dipped in a little water) to add a streaky appearance. Usually I would use the blending pen to soften and smooth out the colour however, for this card I wanted my ice-cream images to look a little like a Strawberry/Vanilla Swirl (with a touch of banana flavour too!!)

I chose Pixie and Canary coloured papers from the Paper Fundamentals Whimsy Assortment to co-ordinate with the colour of my ice-cream images and pieced together the card using scallop shapes - made with the Scallop Border Maker and scallop circle shapes from the Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection.... and because ice-cream is the best medicine for happiness!!!...  I chose to use the "Cheer Up Buttercup" sentiment from the Hostess Reward Stamp Set - Tagged with Love. The card was then embellished with some Silver Sequins and Pixie Extra Thick Twine.

 If you would like to view some of the other art work I have created with the June Stamp of the Month simply click here or here and don't forget there are only 4 more days to add this stamp set to your collection. Spend $75 and you can purchase this Stamp of the Month set for just $5 - that is a saving of over 70%...  when ordering from my Online Shop  you will be prompted to add this set before you check out -  easy, peasy! 

Time is running out fast for Close To My Heart's other June special - "Summer Crush" ...this really is a great deal you won't want to miss out on, all you have to do is purchase any My Crush book and its accompanying assortment and you will receive the co-ordinating stamp set absolutely FREE!  There are five lovely My Crush book offerings for you to choose from and you can find them here.




 

No comments: