Saturday, June 6, 2015

Treats for Everyone!

Thank you for your patience over the last couple of weeks while I have been making changes to my blog... I think we are almost there and back on track. I've still been crafting behind the scenes and will try and update you on my creations over the next few days. You will notice that I now have a page listing some of my kits that are available to purchase. It will make it easier for those of you unable to attend my workshops.

June as also brought with it a new Stamp of the Month called Ice-cream Dream which is such a treat!


This is the ideal stamp set for those of who love to the colour and our Shin-Han Markers are just perfect for this. I used a combination of my favourite colours to create this card.

ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Cherry Pink Marker
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Tender Pink Marker
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Pastel Peach Marker
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Barely Beige Marker
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Clay Marker


Along with my favourite marker colours, I combined the Stamp of the Month with what has fast become my most used stamp set - a D size set with 37 images and a sentiment for every occasion. This month's Stamp of the Month can also be paired up with the Treats of Friendship to create really "yummy" art work. I used the same colour combination of Shin-Han Markers for colouring the images as the previous card. However, I added some depth to the donut image with a touch of the ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Light Orange Marker and the Colourless Blender Marker to soften the colours.

When colouring with alcohol markers it is important you make "friends" with your ink and Colourless Blender ... you will notice that I didn't wait long enough for the Archival Black Ink to dry and this caused some slight smudging of the outline when I started to colour with the markers. The name Colourless Blender is a little misleading as it isn't the "magic marker" that will blend two or more colours together it actually re-wets the maker ink ( that as already been applied to the paper ) meaning you can manipulate and push ink/colour around and erase away portions of marker ink already laid down. I always suggest treading carefully with its use, so you don't end up wetting your paper too much and pushing colour outside the outline of the image... it does take practise!
 
I hope you are enjoying your long weekend and have time to enjoy some colouring fun of you own.
 

No comments: